Cen and Meskie here. This week we went to the biggest Buddhist temple in South East Asia (Kek Lok Si) and a cool eco-friendly theme park called Escape.
At the temple we:
- bought and hung up wishing ribbons (Cen’s was “Be Together Forever”; Meskie’s was “Come and Go Safely”; Cate’s was “World Peace”)
- took pictures by the Chinese Zodiac statues (Cen and Mom are the year of the rooster; Cate is the year of the horse; Meskie is the year of the dog; and Dad is the year of the pig)
- walked up the Pagoda tower (lots of steps!!)
- bought fish food and fed the fish in the pond (Mom thought their mouths were huge!)
- burned incense
It was interesting.
(Note from Cate: the path to enlightenment must be paved with collectable Buddhist statues, jewellery and even Angry Birds merchandise as there were many shops, big and small, throughout the temple. But I really liked Kek Lok Si despite the commercialism).
And now for the excitement! Woo hoo….
The Escape Adventure Eco-park was awesome!! We went with our new friends Maddie and Gina. Our first stop was Monkey Business. As you can see by the pictures below, it’s an obstacle course high up, so you have to wear a harness.
Second stop – Tubby Racers. You drag a heavy tube up a long trail (it was slippery and hard). Going down is easier and more fun.
From there we did a bunch more things:
- Atan’s Leap, where you jump off a tall tower (in a harness of course)
- Tarzan’s Rope, where you swing in the air
- Go Ape, which is like rock climbing, but up a tree
- The Flying Lemur – a set of canopy zip lines. Mom lost her hat and also slammed into a tree, but she’s ok. It was so amazing, we did it again (well not mom, dad or Gina, but we did)
- Cen and Meskie raced up the side of a building called Gecko Tower
- Zoom Bug was not so zoomy, but still fun.
(Note from Cate again: The Escape Eco-park seems truly committed to protecting the environment. This includes grass roof tops on all the buildings and using rainwater in the bathrooms.)
We LOVED it!!
Bonus photos or Karl’s contribution to this post…